Catholic rehab is one of many options available to addicts today. In fact, addiction treatment programs offer clients a variety of options for personalizing their rehabilitation process.
Unlike rehabs of the past, a program today allows the person to select the treatment methodology they feel most comfortable attending. For instance, a client can choose traditional, faith-based, holistic, or Native American/Indigenous approaches. In this way, the recovering addict feels he or she has a voice in the decision and will more likely remain in the program for the duration.
What Makes Catholic Rehab Different?
Each treatment facility operates under a set of guidelines that are unique to their philosophies. However, the majority of these programs follow a basic curriculum of training, education, counseling, and guidance. Some of the options differ, but the principals are the same. As an example, we will look at Catholic rehab to learn how it differs from other programs.
Ten of the most outstanding attributes of Catholic rehab that are not available in other rehab programs include the following:
- Guided sermons according to the Catholic faith.
- Pastoral or ministerial counseling.
- Scriptural teachings and group Bible study.
- Candlelit prayer and meditation services.
- Regularly scheduled Catholic church services.
- Confession with a Catholic priest.
- Allows clients an opportunity to reconnect with their faith.
- Provides continued support outside the treatment program.
- Belief in the healing powers of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- A combination of 12 Steps and Faith-based recovery.
Testimonials from previous clients show that a faith-based program such as Catholic rehab helps clients return to practicing their religious convictions following rehab. As a result, the recovering addict draws strength and an enhanced sense of purpose that helps them stay on a sober path for the long-term.
Fundamentals of Catholic Rehab
Clients in Catholic rehab are encouraged to adhere to a group of inspirational theories to help them maintain sobriety. Specifically, along with belief in God, prayer, and scripture reading, the following messages are offered for recovering addicts to apply to their life:
- Accept and admit powerlessness over their addiction.
- Trust completely in God to be the one to grant them serenity.
- Be kind, patient, sharing, and loving of others as well as yourself.
- Care for and help others as part of a new moral and ethical lifestyle.
- Find ways each today to improve your life.
- Be strong and find strength in faith.
Other Aspects of Faith-Based Rehab
In addition to the religious aspects of a Catholic rehab, clients benefit from a variety of activities and classes that enhance their recovery. The important thing to remember about addiction recovery is that it is a combination of physical and psychological factors that should be treated simultaneously for the best chance of successful recovery. For this reason, an effective program includes program options that are designed to address all contributing factors of the addiction.
Some of the most common program options offered:
- Group and individual counseling
- Nutritional guidance
- Exercise and fitness routines
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Life Skills Training
- Parenting classes
- GED preparation
- Music and art therapy
- Yoga, martial arts
- Sauna, massage therapy, acupuncture
Of course, each facility differs in the options they offer. However, they usually adhere to a basic curriculum that seeks to heal the whole person, mentally, physically, and spiritually.
If you are struggling with addiction and have questions about Catholic rehab, call now. Our experts can help you determine if this method of addiction treatment is right for you.