Many people develop an Percocet addiction each year. Usually, painkillers are not taken with a malicious intent. Someone is prescribed painkillers because of their needs. Unfortunately, it is easy to become addicted to opiates that are used for pain relief. Addiction is serious and can result in many negative changes in a person’s life and harm their health.
Signs of Percocet Addiction
There are many different signs that a person might have developed Percocet addiction.
- The first sign is when a person has a very high tolerance to the drug. This means they will need to take more and more of the drug to help relieve their pain.
- The second sign is an obvious dependence on the drugs. This means a person might go through some major withdrawal symptoms when they have only missed one dose.
- The third sign of a Percocet addiction is when other people begin to see that a person’s mood is changing from moment to moment. Therefore, their behavior might change to being hostile or anxious about certain things in their life.
- The fourth sign is a person’s craving for the drug. Therefore, they will do whatever they can to get the drugs and may avoid being around some of their friends or loved ones for a long period of time.
- The fifth sign appears if the person begins to have a lot of problems with their finances. This could be because they are using all of their money to get the drugs that they need.
- The sixth sign is when a person becomes deceitful to all of their friends and family. The person could be trying to get prescriptions from different doctors for the drugs or even trying to buy drugs off the street.
- The seventh sign of a Percocet addiction is when a person is in more pain then they were when they first starting taking the prescription for the pain. This pain could include stomach cramps that might cause vomiting and diarrhea.
- The eighth sign is when a person has difficulty with their sleep patterns at night. These sleep problems might include insomnia and restlessness and irritability from a lack of sleep.
- The ninth sign is seen when a person starts to lose a lot of weight in a short period of time. This could mean they are not eating like they should.
- The tenth sign is apparent when the person begins stealing things to sell. This includes lying to family and friends about where they got the money to buy more drugs.
Side Effects of Painkiller Addiction
Painkillers have a number of side effects that make them pleasurable to users and can result in addiction. While someone may be taking painkillers to relieve a psychical pain, they can find the painkiller helps with emotional problems as well. Painkillers also help many people relax, or feel a sense of euphoria. When a person is finished with painkillers for their ailment they can still crave the drug because of these other pleasant effects.
Overcoming an Addiction to Painkillers
For those suffering from addiction, painkillers become vital to their life. Though taking painkillers when not required to can be harmful to their health and hurt one’s relationships. Addiction is hard to deal with. Painkillers can be seen as a way to solve all problems and the withdrawal process can be too painful to bear. Though difficult, it is possible to overcome percocet addiction.